Michael Morgan has a brain of his own that holds an undeniable amount of intelligence and determination.
This week’s episode on Meathead Hippie is nerdy in all the right places. Guest speaker, Michael Morgan, comes from an extensive background in craniosacral therapy and its relation to Alzheimer's disease. Some people believe it's one that is incurable, but Morgan’s practice in functional medicine seems to prove otherwise. “With the right changes in diet and exercise, Alzheimer's can be preventable and even reversible… We have enough people in the world and we can train people quickly enough to start to significantly reduce the detriment of Alzheimer's in the next 5 years.”
A man who will continue to make advancements in preventing Alzheimer's disease through functional medicine and craniosacral therapy, Morgan will not stop until his audacious goal is achieved.
4:50 What is Craniosacral Therapy?
- “The body is its own natural pharmacy.”
- Dr. Upledger and his development of the modern form of Craniosacral Therapy
10:41 How Senile Dementia & Alzheimer’s Form in the Brain
- Explaining the cause of brain shrinkage and the role of cerebrospinal fluid
14:00 The Politics of Functional Medicine
- Food is medicine
- “With the right changes in diet and exercise, Alzheimer's can be preventable and even reversible.”
15:35 A Direct Correlation Between Diabetes and Alzheimer’s
- Brain inflammation and the rise of insulin levels due to sugar-concentrated diets
- “Epigenetics means that even if you have a genetic predisposition for Alzheimer's, you can turn OFF the genes that are detrimental to you and turn ON the ones which will more promote a healthier life.”
21:25 Supplements and Anti-inflammatory Spices
24:25 The Concussion Study
- A study conducted on NFL players
- Neuroplasticity - How the brain can reorganize itself
30:25 An Audacious Goal:
- “We have enough people in the world and we can train people quickly enough to start to significantly reduce the detriment of Alzheimer's in the next 5 years.”
36:00 Exercise and the Clearing of Metabolic Pathways
40:15 Essential Oils for the Brain
47:37 The Brain’s Need for Balance
- How mental, emotional and spiritual balance all play significant roles in brain health